“We were quoted a minimum of $800 to replace our bumper. The body shop wanted our car for 3 days. Robert at Ace finished the job for $525 in one day.” – Laurie, Portland, OR.
Bumper Repair in Washington County
- Bumper scuff repair. Scuffs on corners of plastic bumpers can be sanded out, primed, and repainted in 8 hours or less.
- Bumper crack and split repair. Many cracks and splits can be repaired–so long as they are not on edges or contours that cannot be reshaped. We remove the bumper, plastic weld it from front and back, fill, prime, and paint in 8 hours or less.
- Bumper replacement. Bumpers with torn tabs, severe cracking, severe splitting, severe scuffing, and severe creasing can be replaced. We’ll order you a new bumper and paint it per your manufacturer’s paint code. Come in for your appointment and we’ll remove/recycle your old bumper and install your new one, usually in 1.5 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does a bumper repair take? 4-8 hours, depending on the severity of the damage.
- How long does a bumper replacement take? Usually, we can order a new bumper and paint it prior to your appointment. You come in, we remove your bumper, and install the new one in 1.5 hours.
- Do you work with insurance companies? Yes, we work with all insurance companies.
- Do I need to wait while my bumper cures? Your bumper is cured when you leave our shop. We use an infrared lamp to cure your clear coat as our last repair step.
- How do I get an estimate? Come to our shop for 10 minutes (call to make an appointment) or email us clear photos of the damage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will the color match? Yes. We mix our paint per the code and formula provided by your car manufacturer. When necessary, we blend and tint our paint to match your car’s finish if it has faded or changed with time.
- Will there be any evidence of the damage once fixed? No. Only a body or paint technician could detect the repair if looked at closely.
- Can I drop off my car the night before my appointment? Yes, you can drop off your car the evening before your appointment and we will keep it in our locked shop overnight. Usually, we can arrange to meet you after hours to receive your car. We also have a key drop in our west garage.
- Do you offer pick up and delivery service? Yes. It varies from $20 – $80 depending on your distance from our shop.
- Do you offer rental cars? Yes. We offer rentals through Enterprise rentals, just 2 miles away. $35 per day. They pick you up at our shop and take you to their offices where they assign you a car. They can deliver you to our office at the end of the day. Allow 25 minutes for the checkout/checkin process in the morning and evening.
- Do you carry liability insurance? Yes. You can view our insurance policy on our office wall.
- Do you accept credit cards? Yes. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- Paint repairs include sanding, priming, base coat, and clear coating. Infrared curing, buffing, and polishing applied as necessary. Standox paints are used; any mica, pearl, or metallic paint can be computer matched. We use only PPG clearcoats.
- Spot repairs are blended for invisibility.
- Paint repairs are done permanently and without future problems 6, 24, or 70 months after the bumper repair!
Repaint and replace Sentra bumper. $550. 1 day.
Repair and repaint half of VW Passat bumper. $295. 6 hours.
Repair and repaint bumper Corner of Toyota Highlander. $375. 7 hours.
Replace and repaint Acura MDX bumper. $625. 1.5 hours.
Repair small split in Passatt bumper. $350. 7 hours.
Repair and repaint bumper Toyota Sequoia bumper corner. $310. 6 hours.