Portland and Beaverton Headlight Restoration
- Repair of hazy and yellowed headlights.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the benefits of headlight restoration? The most significant benefit is quality of light. Restoration can improve the output of badly hazed headlights of up to 40%. Secondly, restored headlights enhance the appearance of the front end of your car.
- Can all headlights be restored? 85% can. If the headlight is cracked, it must be replaced. If it has hazed from the inside out, it must be replaced.
- Is your service permanent? Headlights will always break down from sun exposure. Our service lasts at least 5 years–more than any other service on the market. This is because we actually spray UV-rated PPG clearcoat on lenses, whereas most headlight restoration is performed with a wipe on sealant that does not have the durability of our clearcoat.
- Can’t I just wetsand and polish my headlights? They will look great for a few months, but with no UV coating will become hazy and yellow again–often times worse than originally.
- Headlight repair. Clean repair area. Wetsand with 600 grit sandpaper. Wetsand with 1000 grit sandpaper. Clean repair area. Mask entire car. Spray two wet coats of PPG catalyzed UV clear. Cure with infrared heat lamp.
- $50 per headlight. Allow 1 hour per headlight.